2011-06-26

SQL Server JumpIn Outcome

I had a great time at the Microsoft-hosted SQL Server JumpIn! camp. I got MediaWiki 1.16.5 to run on IIS 7 on Windows 7 with SQL Server 2008 R2, with SQL Server Denali, and with SQL Server Azure. I also got the engine mostly working on Windows Azure, deployed to the cloud, but need to flesh out a few missing pieces. First, sessions will have to be stored to the database, rather than to the file system. Second, the file-based media storage mechanism will have to be adapted to use blob storage. Also, I'll have to figure out how to get Java support so I can continue to use Apache Batik, and how I'll get that to work with cloud storage.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with your opinion.this blog post is very encouraging to people who want to know these topics.
Free Ecommerce Software | Web Shopping Cart

farhan said...

I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of important information. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. Thanks for sharing.
my friend's blog
source: www.wbupdates.com