2011-06-17

Like a Phoenix from the Ashes

This work is coming back to life. Next week, I'll be attending the Microsoft SQL Server JumpIn! camp, along with sixteen other PHP developers. I'll be devoting special attention to attempting to use the new Microsoft PDO for the SQL Server Direct driver. Mostly, it should be the same as it was when using the ADODB library, except I'll have a new Database class. Since I haven't kept things up to date, I'll have to keep my fingers crossed that I can get things up and running with MediaWiki 1.16.5 or 1.17. I've been pleased to discover, however, that while I was not looking the SQL syntax in tables.sql for MySQL has evolved to resemble what I had been doing for SQL Server much more closely than it used to. Also, I'll be targeting SQL Server 2008 R2 rather than SQL Server 2000 or SQL Server 2005.

No comments: